Monday 21 August 2017

Stylecraft Visit 2017 (Part 2)

Yarn... Lovely, new yarn.


All crocheters and knitters love the stuff and it's always exciting when a favourite manufacturer releases additional colours, or a new range. On my recent visit to the Stylecraft Mill as one of their Blogstars (read Part 1 here) it was with great anticipation that we watched the Autumn/Winter presentation to see the new yarns.


This has to be my favourite image from the presentation - just look at this stunning crocheted blanket and cushion, designed by the clever Annelies Baes. It's made with some of the new colours in the Life DK range and is just a beauty.

Here's some of my new faves:


First up, it's a new yarn called Tweedy. (100g / 260m) This is a really bright and cheery double-knit yarn, made from 74% premium acrylic and 26% cotton. Just four shades available at the mo - love the subtle mix of colours.



Next, there's colour additions to the already super-popular Head over Heels sock yarn, as well as a variation called Boho, which includes funky stripes of black and white.


The Batik yarns (my current yarn-crush - see below) have also enjoyed some colour additions, and also a whole new range:


The Batik Elements - a variagated blend of colours in the same 50g /138m 80% Acrylic /20% Wool blend as the solids.
Here's a little peek of something I'm working on with this amazing green 'Kryptonite'..


 

AND in super-exciting news, my latest CAL (crochet-a-long) design for Inside Crochet magazine uses the Batik solids, too. I chose four complemetary shades to create a gorgeously cosy shawl, which will be perfect for the Autumn. 
The Batik yarn was such a good choice for this project - it's soft and bouncy and the stitch definition is superb. I think it would work in any combination of colours you fancied.

Photo Credits to Mavric Photography / Inside Crochet Issue 92

Find the pattern for the first part of the mystery shawl in Issue 92. Sections 2 and 3 will be in the following issues of the magazine.

I'm tempted to make another version using some of the Batik Elements, or perhaps the Tweedy, but I really must get on with all my other projects, first... (more on those in my next post)


Find out more about the Stylecraft Yarns Blogstars here.

Wishing you a great week,

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, so leave a comment or ask a question and l'll reply to you right here.
Have a fab day.
Sarah Xx